Thursday, September 2, 2010

Persist

In February 2009, I applied for a job with Arizona Virtual Academy (AZVA) - an online K-12 school.  The principal told me I needed to take an elementary ed test before I would qualify.  So I took the test and passed.  I re-applied and was told they weren't hiring at that time.  But I heard God telling me to "persist."  I submitted my application again last October right after Danny lost his job in Phoenix.  I was sure I would get offered the job, but I never heard anything.  I emailed the principal, but she never followed up with a job offer.  I was bummed.

I wanted to pursue a way to make money from home without having to put my kids in daycare.  Some friends in Phoenix (who are real estate agents) approached me about working for them.  I've been working as their transaction coordinator for 10 months, handling the paperwork involved with listings and purchases.  I really enjoy being a part of their team!   The next step naturally seemed to be real estate school.  So I went through the 3-week class this summer, with the assumption I would become a real estate agent myself and be able to supplement the family income even more.  I've interviewed brokers but haven't felt at peace about any of them.  Because of that, I still haven't taken the state test to get my license.

Three days ago, I remembered what God told me a year-and-a-half ago - to persist.  So I emailed AZVA again.  They said they were hiring so I submitted my application online and emailed the principal directly.  I have an interview tomorrow afternoon.  I'm excited and nervous, but I'm not worried.  I know God's hand is in this, and I am choosing not to be anxious.  He knows our future and knows what's best for our family.  If His best is for me to start working full-time again (from home!), then I will trust Him and follow His lead.

This is the first time in my life I have actually prepared for an interview.  I have typed out potential questions with some bullet-pointed answers.  I am prepared and I will give it everything I've got.  I have prayed lots about this job, and if I get a job offer, I know it will be because God's hand is in it.  If I don't get the job, I will know that God has another plan for me - whether it involves working elsewhere, getting my real estate license, or just being at home full-time.  Update coming...

3 comments:

  1. Wow, what an exciting post! I'll definitely be praying for a great interview!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm praying for you! Can't wait to hear how everything goes. Let me know, ok?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I prepped for the interview and gave it my all. I think it went really well. It's completely in God's hands... He will work out the details if it's in His plan. We just can't live on $24,000 a year much longer :)

    ReplyDelete