Well, my persistence paid off. Eighteen months, 4 resume submittals, 2 phone interviews, 2 in-person interviews, 1 technology test, 1 state AEPA elementary test, and 1 clear word from the Lord to be persistent. At first, I wasn't very excited about working full-time, but the thought of touching lives and helping others has filled my heart with joy. Plus, it will be nice to more than double our income. It's been hard living paycheck to paycheck and watching our savings diminish. Now we can finally breathe and afford to fix some things around the house.
When I had my interview on Thursday with the principal, she said, "I don't know why you weren't hired last October when you interviewed. Nothing on the notes from the previous principal indicates anything bad." I told her it just wasn't the right timing (I was 8 1/2 months pregnant with Josh, and it would have been way too much stress!) So I start next Monday. I'm not sure if it will be 3rd or 5th grade, but I'm excited about either!
When I was going through real estate school in June, I saw a guy in there who looked really familiar. It took me a few minutes to place him. I went up to him and asked if he had kids. When he said, "yes", I asked if he had a little girl named Monique. It turned out that his daughter had been in my 1st grade class 5 years ago. He said that they still talk about me and that Monique has fond memories of being in my class! That really touched my heart. I really didn't think I would be back in education for a long time, but I'm really excited to touch lives like I apparently touched Monique and her family's life.
Just recently, my former student teacher (who took my position when I had Corban) asked if I would ever go back into the classroom. I said, "No." Two months later, I have a teaching job. However, it's in the virtual classroom, and I'm very excited about the challenge and change associated with it. I'm excited to get to know students and their families.
I have to admit that this is the perfect job for me. I want to be with my two little ones full-time (with a little help from a babysitter - still working out those details), and I want to be at home (my absolute favorite place to be!) How nice is it that I get to work from home, get paid, and still get to see my kiddos all day?
Congratulations Jen! Praise God for providing such a perfect job for you and your family! :)
ReplyDelete